People with the following conditions are automatically deemed clinically extremely vulnerable:
1. Solid organ transplant recipients.
2. People with specific cancers:
- people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy
- people with lung cancer who are undergoing radical radiotherapy
- people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
- people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
- people having other targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
- people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
3. People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
4. People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell).
5. People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
6. Problems with your spleen, for example splenectomy (having your spleen removed)
Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.
7. Adults with Down's syndrome.
8. Adults on dialysis or with chronic kidney disease (stage 5).
9. Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.
10. Other people who have also been classed as clinically extremely vulnerable, based on clinical judgement and an assessment of their needs.
We know this must be an incredibly worrying time, so if you have received a letter from the NHS and have been identified as clinically extremely vulnerable, we will do our very best to help you by delivering delicious frozen ready meals straight to your door. There’s no need to worry; we’ve got plenty of delivery slots available, so we won’t let you go without, and we’ve even set up a priority phone number for you to use that will go straight through to our friendly team.