Let the darker nights and colder weather inspire the writer in you with our winter poetry competition.
Wiltshire Farm Foods Poetry Competition – Terms and Conditions
The competition is to write a winter-themed poem to have a chance to win a £50.00 Wiltshire Farm Foods Voucher. The poem may also be featured in Taste Magazine.
Individual entrants are responsible for ensuring that they have read, understood and abided by these terms and conditions before submitting their poems.
Any entry found not to comply with these terms is liable to be disqualified.
The submissions for this competition are referred to in these terms as “poems” and/or “entries”.
1. The Organiser of the Competition is Wiltshire Farm Foods.
2. The Competition is free to enter. Entrants must not be professional poets. For the purposes of this Competition, a professional poet will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from poetry-related work.
3. Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of their entries, or won or been runner-up in any other poetry competition with any of their entries.
4. At the time of submission, entrants must declare to the Organiser if they have entered their poems in any other competition. Such submissions may be rejected for entry into this Competition at the Judges’ discretion.
Poetry submission requirements
5. The closing date for submissions is midnight on the 1st of February 2019
6. Poems may be sent by post to Taste Magazine, Wiltshire Farm Foods, Canal Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8RJ or by email to email@example.com.
7. Files sent should be no larger than 10 MB. Files larger than this size may be rejected by our email server.
8. When providing your poem, please provide your name, address and tell us the story behind your poem.
Subject and ethics
9. Please do not include any identifiable individuals in your poems.
10. In submitting your poem you declare that the poem complies with these terms.
Judging, winners, notification and contact
12. The Organiser will appoint Judges to choose the winning entries. The Organiser’s decision on all matters relating to the Competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the judging and organisation of the Competition.
13. The winners will be notified no later than 8th
14. The prize for the winners of the Competition is a £50.00 Wiltshire Farm Foods voucher. There is no substitute prize available or cash alternative.
Copyright and Reproduction
15. You must not copy any part of your poem from a third party and you must own the whole copyright of all poems you submit to the Competition.
16. Entrants will retain copyright in the poems that they submit. By entering the Competition entrants grant the Organisers a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, and publish poems entered into the Competition for the purposes of: a) publishing in Taste Magazine (b) publicising and promoting the Competition, c) the Organisers’ activities, including within their publications, website and social media channels. Contact the Organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions about use of poems.
17. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. While we make every effort to credit writers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee this.
18. Third parties will not be granted permission to use poems for other purposes without express permission from the writer.
19. The Organisers reserves the right to cancel the Competition or alter the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control. Any breach of these terms by an entrant will void their entry. The Organisers reserve the right to remove a winner’s entry from the poem if, at a later date, the entrant has been discovered to be in breach of these terms.