Hot, fresh or frozen?
There are three basic types of ready meal delivery service. Those delivering hot ready meals, those delivering fresh foods and those delivering frozen ready meals. You’ll need to decide which one suits your requirements best:
- Hot Ready Meals: There are hot meals on wheels services which can bring individual hot meals to your door at specific meal times. It arrives cooked and ready to eat but will only be delivered as one meal at a time.
Fresh Ready Meals: Some services such as supermarkets will deliver fresh or chilled ready meals that can be stored in the fridge and then heated up when you want them. A nice way to eat fresh but often the meals have a restrictive time window in which to eat them.
Frozen Ready Meals: Specialist services such as Wiltshire Farm Food can provide delicious and nutritious frozen ready meals that can be stored in the freezer ready to go whenever the mood strikes. Meals can be bought individually, in packs or in bulk and are delivered by friendly, reliable drivers straight to your door
The next factor in choosing a ready-made food delivery service is the menu range. You’ll want a service with a broad range of tempting dishes so you can enjoy a varied and tasty range of meals.
Selecting the best ready meals: Menu Choices
A factor to look for in ready meal delivery services is the menu choice. There should be plenty of different dishes so there’s always something to tempt you, otherwise it won’t be enjoyable. Nobody wants to be stuck eating the same thing over and over again.
To help us find the best home delivery ready meals let’s take a quick look at some of our own favourite dishes. Our talented Chefs
are always rustling up the best ready meals, full of flavour and inspired by a range of exotic cuisines. Just take a look at some of these delicious options:
- Free From Sweet and Sour Chicken - A staple dish in Chinese Cuisine, this free from sweet and sour chicken dish is bursting with Oriental flavours. Chicken in a sweet and sour sauce made with pineapple and peppers. Served with a side of rice and vegetables.
- Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding - A popular choice on our menu – tuck into tender slices of succulent beef and a classic Yorkshire pudding, accompanied with golden roast potatoes, sprouts, carrots and a mouth-watering gravy.
- Cottage Pie - An absolute favourite with our customers, our traditional, delicious Cottage Pie is made from minced beef and mashed potato and served with peas and carrots.
- Salmon Fillet in Mint Butter Sauce - One of our luxurious Chef's Favourites dishes – this salmon fillet in mint butter sauce is sure to please. A succulent salmon fillet, served with an array of colourful vegetables, potatoes and pea puree.
- Cauliflower Cheese and Broccoli Bake - Enjoy a portion of your 5 a day with our Cauliflower Cheese and Broccoli Bake. Part of our vegetarian ready meals range, this dish contains baked florets of broccoli and cauliflower in a flavoursome cheese sauce. Served with parsley boiled potatoes.
Always check that any ready meal service you consider has a convenient way of delivering the food to your door.
Whether they offer a choice of delivery days or time slots, make sure the food will arrive at a time that suits you.
For larger national services, look out for local delivery depots that have staff who know the area. Plus, a helpful and friendly driver should offer to help you put the food away for you and answer any questions you have.